To all players of Devizes Rugby Football Club present and past.
As you are all probably aware the club at present is constantly under pressure to fulfill its senior and colt’s fixtures due to a lack of players being available throughout the club and as a consequence games for both the 2’s and 3’s have had to be forfeited and the club docked points in their respective leagues.
We are not the only club in the area to be suffering at present in this respect but we are determined to do something about it.
The committee have been proactive in looking into the problem and have produced an action plan to try and remedy the situation, as you will see below.
What we need from the players in the meantime to help us get through this temporary situation is a greater commitment towards turning out and playing for the club.
We trust that with just a few more players making themselves available for selection and the inclusion of the colts into the senior set up that we can turn this situation around in a very short time and be able to put out three teams again on a regular basis and provide rugby for all those who want to play.
It is your club and you need to step up to the mark. if you have any suggestions that you feel will benefit the future of the club please do not hesitate in letting members of the committee know.
With best regards,
- The present colts that were of the right age would be asked to step up and play in the senior sides as soon as possible.
- Alan Low the D&W regional officer would be contacted and asked to arrange a meeting of our team’s management to explore possible help from the RFU with the teams coaching, set up etc.
- The club’s database of players would be updated as a matter of urgency to allow managers to see who is available and possible contacts that are slipping through the net.
- Membership of DRFC has to be done through GMS by next season to comply with RFU regulations, however the club will look at ways to enable players to pay on a weekly basis or through the use of card payments if this is a cause of discontentment or stops occasional players from playing.
- As from this month players in all the senior sides will be covered for personal injury whilst playing rugby through an approved RFU scheme which for the rest of this season the club will pay for.
- A letter will be put together by the Chairman and the Secretary to go out to all players outlining the need for more commitment from them towards the club and asking for feedback on how we can improve things.
- Lavington School and Dauntsey still seem keen to promote the game and greater contact and links should be made with them. WO would look into it.
- Regarding any possible players coming from the Army to play for the club JO was to approach a parent within the junior section whom is a serving officer based locally and to ask for their help and any contacts.
The Tag Rugby Festival was to be run again next year and it was hoped that with a new junior committee formed it would enable it to continue on for the foreseeable future